Organic Banana Nut Bread
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This is an excellent recipe if you've searched for a banana bread recipe with no refined sugar, since it uses organic maple syrup instead of refined white sugar.
Course: Dessert, Snack
Servings: 1 Loaf
- 1/2-3/4 cup maple syrup ( Depending on desired sweetness )
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ( I use Organic flour )
- 1 tsp baking powder (Try to use Aluminum Free - I use Trader Joe's )
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt ( omit salt if using salted butter )
- 1 cup chopped walnuts ( optional )
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
Mix the maple syrup and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg and pure vanilla extract.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears. Stir in walnuts.
Pour batter into buttered pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan. Place onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
** Note: I used all organic ingredients in this recipe, but feel free to use your favorite ingredients whether they be organic or non-organic.